Thursday, July 31, 2014

Meet Our Staff: Shawn Evans

We would like to introduce the newest member of our staff, Sales and Leasing Consultant, Shawn Evans.  At Baum Chevrolet Buick, we view our staff as members of our own family.  Although Shawn is new to our team, he has been a member of the Clinton community for many years. His positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills make him a great asset to our dealership family. Let’s take a moment to learn more about Shawn:

Sales and Leasing Consultant, Shawn Evans

How long have you worked at Baum Chevrolet?
Four months, which I have greatly enjoyed and very thankful for the opportunity from Scott Baum.

What was your previous career?
I was the owner of Evans Lawn Care and Landscaping, which I ran for three years.

Where did you get your education at?
I earned several professional certificates from Richland Community College in Decatur where I majored in Horticulture and Turf Management.

What are some fun facts about you?
I was a three sport athlete in high school (golf, basketball and baseball).  I also enjoy watching stock car races.  I’m a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals and Green Bay Packers fan and I go to several games a year.

When you’re not selling cars, what do you do to pass the time?
I like to spend my down-time hunting, fishing, and on the golf course.  On my days off, I’m usually in St. Louis watching the Cardinals play.



Tell us about your family?
I have a fraternal twin brother, Brian, as well as a younger brother, Steven.  My parents are Tim and Lori Evans. We have lived in Clinton my entire life.

What are your interesting talents?
I’ve been an accomplished golfer for eight years and enjoy getting on the golf course in my free time.

Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have a beagle named Star.

What is your dream car?
What a difficult question!  There are actually two vehicles I would love to own: a Z06 Corvette and a Chevrolet Duramax Diesel. Both with black exteriors.

What kind of experience do you bring to Baum Chevrolet Buick?
I bring excellent customer service, friendly customer interaction, and a good sense of humor.

What do you like most about selling cars?
I enjoy interacting with both customers and fellow employees on a daily basis.  I mostly enjoy getting to know people through conversation and laughter.  Ever since getting out of school, I’ve strived to serve the Clinton community and I take pride in that.

What are your favorite movies?
I enjoy the humor of Talladega Nights, and Major League 1 and 2.  As you can tell, I love comedies.

What is your favorite quote?
“Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” –Babe Ruth




We’re excited to have Shawn as a part of our sales and leasing team.  Feel free to stop by the dealership and introduce yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment